Here are the top social networking sites, where you can share your links and get good seo value along with free traffic. However be careful to not spam any of these sites, or you could get banned.
1. Google+ Communities – Google Communities are a great place to get backlinks and also upvotes by the members. The upvotes shall count towards the SEO value of your link and boost rankings. Find communities relevant to your niche and start posting there. Along with a backlink, you also get free traffic.
2. Reddit – Reddit is another major social platform to share your links and get some traffic along with seo boost. Find subreddits that are relevant to your niche and post the links in those sub reddits.
However, be careful not to spam. Reddit is heavily moderated by moderators and bots which will spot any spam activity almost instantly and ban you. Once banned, you will find it difficult to get your links approved when posting.
3. Scoop.it – Scoop.it is a free social link sharing site. Start posting your links on scoop.it
4. Pinterest – Pinterest is yet another major social platform for sharing your links. Besides seo value, you can also get some traffic to your site from other pinterest users. So its a good deal.
5. Flipboard – Flipboard is yet another link sharing social site. To post to flipboard you need to create an account and setup a magazine. Then you have to use the Chrome extension for flipboard to actually save links to the flipboard magazine. Flipboard can also drive good traffic in some niches.
6. Storify – Storify is similar to a blogging platform, where you can create posts and link back to the original post on your site. Links will be nofollow, but worthwhile to diversify you link profile and increase the number of referring domains.
Now here are some high authority websites, where you can register and setup a profile. On these profiles you can put a link to your site. The only hard part is to go to each site and register one by one.
Example backlink – https://kdp.amazon.com/community/profile.jspa?userID=1019888
5. http://www.everytrail.com/ – The backlink would look like this for example –
6. http://forum.support.xerox.com/ – Register and setup your profile. The backlink would look like this for example – http://forum.support.xerox.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/108982
7. http://community.thomsonreuters.com/ – Setup your profile. The link would look something like this –
8. https://community.sony.com/ Register and setup profile. The link would like this –
9. http://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/ – Setup profile and the link would look something like this – http://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/people/vivien_ayling
10. http://mootools.net/ – Setup profile and the link would look something like this –
Example backlink – http://connect.lulu.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2075454
Example backlink – https://www.coursera.org/user/i/568acb0eeea31fa68ddfbf4972451842
Example backlink – https://community.hpe.com/t5/user/ViewProfilePage/user-id/1686806
Example backlink – http://www.rdatoolkit.org/user/101777
Example backlink – http://www.kpbs.org/users/crossmanqii0/
Example backlink – https://www.codeplex.com/site/users/view/boydbubu3
Example backlink – https://community.intuit.com/users/5478857-aminaluckeybakh
… More backlink sources coming soon …
Take your time to build the backlinks. Build them slowly over a week and repeat the process for new posts and slowly your rank should start increasing.
I shall be adding more to this list as and when I find more backlink sources. Hope you build backlinks and rank better.
Thanks for reading and have a great day!